Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Have a Toyota lux 3TD 2004 model KZN-TE having problems

Customer Question

Have a Toyota Hilux 3TD 2004 model KZN-TE having problems orange engine light came on showed code 14 (timing control valve) replaced that!! Still showing code 14!! Replaced injector pump still showing code 14 , any ideas Thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect the engine timing components for any wear to the timing components or damage to the timing components as this can cause other timing codes to set like this here and is common.I have had to replace several timing chains and timing belts for issues like this here to correct this fault.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's already been checked at Toyota Dealership !! All was ok !! Could it be the ecu unit ? toyota also checked wiring to the timing senor !! It was ok ,,,
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

If the timing was checked and all found to be o.k. as well as the timing components and wiring to any timing actuators or sensors and this code is still setting here this can definitely be the engine ecu itself at fault needing replaced.I have seen the engine ecu cause this issue here before setting false codes needing replaced.If everything else is o.k. this is where I would check into next.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete