Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have P0773 code on my 1998 toyota avalon and need to

Customer Question

I have P0773 code on my 1998 toyota avalon and need to replace my Shift solenoid E electrical malfunction. My mechanic wants me to order the parts and I'm not sure exactly which parts to order. Is it the Shift Solenoid Valve No.1 and No. 2, Shift Solenoid Valve SL, and Shift Solenoid Valve L?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had 3 Oxygen sensors replaced and the P0773 code is the only issue remaining after 4 different diagnostics.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

DTC P0773 Shift Solenoid E Electrical Malfunction CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION The shift solenoid valve SL is turned ON and OFF by signals from the ECM to control the hydraulic pressure acting on the lock-up relay valve, which then controls operation of the lock-up clutch. Fail safe function If the ECM detects a malfunction, it turns the shift solenoid valve SL OFF.

So you need to get shift solenoid valve SL to resolve this

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.