Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2013 toyota camry se and when i turn the stereo on

Customer Question

I have a 2013 toyota camry se and when i turn the stereo on and increase the volume pass 30 the volume shuts off. what should i do?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What will or can cause this here is a fault internally in the sound amplifier itself.Most of these vehicles came equipped with a sound amplifier and the more volume is increased the more the sound amplifier has to work especially the sound chips inside of it.When the amp becomes weak internally it will turn off the volume like this here usually due to an over heat issue internally.

I suspect your sound amplifier needs replaced and is common.If yours is one of the models that did not come with the sound amplifier this would be due to an internal fault in the radio itself then with the radio needing removed and repaired by a repair facility or removed and replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I have submitted the request you asked for here.

Thanks Pete