Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I'm ***** *****, the problem light came on while the car is

Customer Question

Hi, I'm ***** *****, the problem light came on while the car is in the garage, can't power down, can't shift to drive or reverse
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, wait one moment
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is the check engine light that has come on here what needs to be done is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set using a scan tool/computer that will plug into your vehicle to read codes.Once this is done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and correct this issue here.This will help locate the fault.

With a fault like this,this may be an issue with the transmission if it will not engage or on some models the electronic ignition switch may not be sending the correct signals to power up certain components.If you can post the year,model and engine size here this will help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete