Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Doors will not unlock possible dead battery, Can open only

Customer Question

doors will not unlock possible dead battery, Can open only the passenger door with a key, however can't open door more than 2 inches because another car in the garage is blocking door, the toyota must be moved first before the other car can be moved. 2008 Toyota Sienna
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, however with long distant help. I'm in Florida and need to move the toyota out of the garage to fix a water leak in the ceiling
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: remote fobs don't work ...manual key won't open driver door only the passenger side door will unlock however the passenger door is blocked with another car,
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: how can I open the hood without first releasing the hood from inside the car and can I open the rear hatch
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

First, since you can open the passenger door a couple of inches, try using two coathangers that are straightened and duct taped together with just the end bent and reach across with it to hook the inside driver door handle and pull it as someone on the otherside works the outer handle to open it.

If that doesnt work, you can get a hand inflatable wedge to put in between the driver upper rear door and frame and pump it up so that the door opens at the top enough to insert a coathanger and get the end around the door handle and open it.

If that doesnt work, then you would need a slim jim tool to go between the glass and door and hook the door latch actuating rod to open it

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks