cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

Air conditioner does not come on immediately, The car has to

Customer Question

air conditioner does not come on immediately
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car has to run for about 2 minutes before the air conditioner will start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: it is a 2009 hybrid camry
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

sounds like blower motor resistor has a bad connection

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the dealership replaced the servomotor at a cost of $550. then they said that was hiding another problem with the ac amplifier which is going to be another $500 to fix. I wonder if they are scamming me.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

it is highly possible that it is a problem with the ac amplifier nut i would have them check the resistor first