Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

1995 V6 Toyota Wagon problem is indicator flashers, erratic

Customer Question

1995 V6 Toyota Wagon problem is indicator flashers, erratic operation from normal blink per second to rapid blink (as if bulb has blown) but bulb is OK, both sides affected but it can return to normal operation at times, is it the ground, the controller, a switch or what?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

This is a current flow issue. Typically what we find is on the front turn signal sockets the little tabs down inside the socket are compressed too far to apply sufficient pressure on to the bottom of the bulb and the little ground tab on the side of the socket isn't strong enough over time and this causes low current flow the bulb will still flash but not as bright. If you take the socket out and wiggle the bulb with the turn signals on you can make them flash brighter and slower. Typically it's just the front ones that are affected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will attempt your suggested solution, the vehicle is 21 yrs old so maybe it is only contacts; that would confirm the erratic intermittent nature that is displayed in their operation. I will also check both front and rear
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

I normally just use a small screwdriver to bend the tabs up and out on the side to make good contact. Just make sure the powers not on to the socket or you will blow the fuse.