Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

1999 Tacoma wet floors. Perhaps condensation. Where do I

Customer Question

1999 Tacoma wet floors. Perhaps condensation. Where do I find the drain tube?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, just reading other bloggers describing same, but I don't know where the condensation drain tube is for access to check for clogging.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Not that I can think of. It's a 4x4 TRD in great shape. Manual transmission.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

The most common issue is the air conditioning condensation drain hose. You can look at one of two ways down the firewall underneath of the hood towards the Passenger side or the easiest way is to pull the carpeting back on the passenger side floor it is up against the firewall towards the center console area you'll see a rubber hose where it goes out to the firewall. You need to make sure that that hose is clear. Spiders like to build nests in the hose and a clogs it up. If the windshield has been replaced recently it's possible you could have A leak around the windshield. If you still cannot find the drain hose let me know and I'll see if I can locate a picture.