Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

, My display reading show VSC and Check Engine lights

Customer Question

Good afternoon. My name is Ed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My display reading show VSC and Check Engine lights cone on frequently. The car is running rough but when i put it into neutral, it seems to idle smoothly.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 9 months ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

The first concern here is the check engine light, it sounds like there is a misfire, this usually caused by a bad spark plug or coilpack, the other lights will turn on when an engine system is detected, i most cases these go off when the engine problem is the engine is corrected,you can get the codes rom the diagnostic check connector, if you do not have a code reader you can get them from most autoparts stores the do this at no charge.