Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

Toyota RAV4 Limited: Check engine light just came on, P0325

Customer Question

Check engine light just came on, P0325 is the code. how pricy is it to replace the ECM/Knock Sensor.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Is this the 4-cylinder or the 6-cylinder engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

4 cyl

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Great, thanks!The P0325 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a problem with the Knock Sensor. More times than not, no need to replace the ECM at all. The Knock Sensor sells for around $201 and the Labor Time Guide calls for 1.8 hours to complete the job (expect to pay for a full 2 hours labor here, as most shops round up to the nearest hour to accommodate for any unforeseen problems that may arise). Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
..