sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have an aftermarket radio in my 02 tundra there's still

Customer Question

I have an aftermarket radio in my 02 tundra there's still power to the screen but I have no sound
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

How the system is wired and operates depends on the radio and if there is an amplifier involved. Originally the speakers were wired directly to the radio but with the aftermarket radio someone may have installed an amp. Signal would then travel from the radio to the amp and from the amp to the speakers. If this is the case then the lack of sound like likely be the amp or a loss of power or ground to it.

If the speakers are wired directly to the aftermarket radio then the lack of sound could be wiring or the radio itself, unless a connector is unplugged there is little chance of a wiring problem if all speakers stopped at once.

Did you buy the vehicle with the aftermarket radio already installed?