Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Weak radio reception - I am trying to locate the where the

Customer Question

weak radio reception - I am trying to locate the where the antenna amplifier is in the rear. Trying to remove trim between back door and cargo area - don't know how. 2007 highlander hybrid
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: weak radio reception - all of a sudden - been that way for few months now - time to figure out why - all my other cars work fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: removed glove compartment to see if wires are loose. could find the cable. Now looking for the location of the antenna amp which I understand is above rear passenger window in the cargo area
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

I have attached the directions for in pdf file format for easy downloading and printing

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok- so it takes about 88 steps to get at the antenna amplifiers? The attached document doesn't explain how to remove those components. I am afraid of breaking the item if there is a special way of removing it. So, is there a way to test whether the antenna amplifiers work without removing all those items?
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

The exploded views show where each screw is located. If there is no screw shown, then the trim piece just pulls off as it as retaining clips on the back.

Only way to test without accessing it, is with a toyota scan tool

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?