Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna. I

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna. I have heat in the front but the rear does not. Why and can I fix it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The temperature gauge runs cool but the radiator has coolant.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 9 months ago.

Are you 100% certain that there are no air pockets in the cooling system? Have you noticed any leaks recently or done anything with the water pump or radiator recently?When you say that the temperature gauge seems to be a little low where exactly does it rise up to? It should be about midpoint slightly down from midpoint on the temperature gauge.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the temperature gauge reads slightly lower than midpoint once the car is warm. I haven't notice any leaks and I haven't done anything with regards ***** ***** water pump.

Roll under the vehicle and you will locate 4 aluminum lines going to the back. Two of these are for the air-conditioning and two of them are for the heater core. Make sure that at least two of them are hot to touch when the engine coolant is at operating temperature. One of two things is going on either the system has air in it not allowing the coolant to circulate to the rear heater core or there's a mechanical problem with the air blend door located behind the right quarter panel in the air-conditioning box. Remove the radiator cap and run the engine at 3000 RPM and make sure all of the air is circulated out of the system. There's also a technical service bulletin AC001-06 that deals with a problem with the AC amplifier which causes the rear air to not be as warm as the front heater. You can do a Google search for this technical service it's for 2004 through 2006 van. It may or may not apply depending on how bad your heat differential is I would start with making sure there's no air pockets system first let me know if you need any additional information on this issue.