Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

It takes about 20 minutes heater to deliver hot air in my

Customer Question

It takes about 20 minutes for the heater to deliver hot air in my 2009 Corolla. It was consistently delayed yesterday for both the morning and evening commute. Temperatures were low --10 degrees in the morning, 20 at night. I can't tell if this is the weather or the heater isn't working properly. I have noticed a couple of times in the last month or so where I thought it shut off but not long enough for concern.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, not necessarily. I just want a recommendation whether this is weather related or something I need to fix immediately (45 mile commute with no heat at 10 degrees it not appealing.). This car has 140,000 miles.
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No, not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

That sounds like the thermostat. They stick in the open position and the heater won't get to it's full heat until the engine has run for a pretty long time. You will want to check, (or replace) the thermostat. It does have to come out to check it and it's about 1.8 hours labor. The thermostat is around $20 from the dealer. Thanks

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

If you give me your email address, I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Did you get that?