Amedee
Amedee, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Type your question here...i have 1998 avolin toyota /3.0

Customer Question

Type your question here...i have 1998 avolin toyota /3.0 engine.on the pos.battery post there are three wires, starter supply wire, red wire, and white wire. the wires were twisted together and it ran for a couple of months. now the starter will not turn to start. is the white and red wire the problem along with the remote controle that i do not have? the starter will turn if you jump the starter relay wire
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Amedee replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. According to my wiring diagram for your vehicle, there are only two wires that should come from the positive battery post when the vehicle was assembled from the factory. One goes to the main fuse block and the other goes directly to the starter. Here is a wiring diagram of the starter.

Expert:  Amedee replied 10 months ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Expert:  Amedee replied 10 months ago.

.