Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

How can I calibrate the fuel gauge on a Toyota Landcruiser

Customer Question

How can I calibrate the fuel gauge on a Toyota Landcruiser 2010 (V8)
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you explain what type of problem you are having with the fuel gauge . Is it not reading properly , have you also scanned the computer system to see if there are any fault code setting. Post back with complete details and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The scaning is not showing any problem
The problem is that then the fuel gauge shows empty, there is still about more than 20 litres in the thank
Even the computer say that there is gas to 0km
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

The most common cause for this type of problem is usually cause by a failing fuel tank sending unit. If you remove the sender from the tank and manually move it up and down dose the gauge then read correctly?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I havnt try that, but the gauge shows then there is a full tank and goes all the way to empty - the only problem is that when shows empty there is still more than 20 litres
I have read that it is possibel to calibrate with the trip/odo - I just dont now how
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

That is usually caused by a failing fuel level sensor located in the tank on the pump. You may want to pull the unit out and make sure the float in not hanging on something in the tank.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
its located under the second row seats?
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Yes that is correct, the seat will need to come out to access the access hole. See the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the steps.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuel%20pump%20Feb%204.pdf

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think I will tjek the level sensor after trying to calibrate the gauge - can you give me the data to calibrate?
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

There are no steps to calibrate the gauge. It gets its signal from the fuel level sending unit.