Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I purchased the Toyota Camry ATARA. Top of the range and

Customer Question

I purchased the Toyota Camry ATARA. Top of the range and installed GPS/entertainment unit. I wanted to Up date my GPS Maps and was informed by Dealer that it will cost $360 plus to buy. This is the biggest "Ripoff" by a Manufacturer I've heard of. We pay top dollar for this unit and they want MORE!!! Garmin will provide "Lifetime Updates" free.
Where can I buy an Update with a reasonable price tag???
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately because the GPS is Toyota's unit its not likely you can purchase the update you need with out having to go through them. I agree its seems like a rip off but its there going rate and it will need to be done through them.