Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Mane name is ***** *****, and I<m looking right torque i

Customer Question

Hi . mane name is ***** ***** , and I<m looking for the right torque i have a 2014 toyota rav4 and im changing the cilynder head gasket
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car get over heat and i bring the cylinder to a shop they said its ok but i have to replace the head gasket , i bought but i cant find the right torque
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

hi,

Here you go

The cylinder head bolts are tightened in 4 progressive steps.

Step 1

Tighten the 10 cylinder head bolts in several steps in the sequence shown in the illustration.

Torque.............................................36 Nm (367 kgf-cm, 27 ft-lbf)

Step 2

Tighten the cylinder head bolts again in the sequence shown in the illustration to make sure that they are tightened to the specified torque.(SEE ATTACHMENT FOR SEQUENCE)

Step 3

Tighten the cylinder head bolts 90° in the sequence shown in step 1.

Step 4

Tighten the cylinder head bolts another 90° in the sequence shown in step 1.

Check that the paint marks are now at a 180° angle to the front.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

Hi

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?