Jeromy Madison
Jeromy Madison,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Mad Auto Repair
90693043

I'm ***** *****. I just bought a 2015 RAV4 and love it

Customer Question

Hi I'm ***** *****. I just bought a 2015 RAV4 and love it except for the seatbelt alarm. I ask my dealer to turn it off and they refused. How do I get around this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm one of those old fashion folks that don't like to have their car alarming every time they get in it. I use my seatbelt always, but I put it on after the car is started and warmed up. I simply want the alarm off. Can I do this on my own?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry but the simple answer is no.

Buried deep in the TIS machine for most Toyota models there is an option for this. Most technicians don't know about it or where to find it. Toyota only makes this option available for Taxi drivers.

Can you please rate me?

Thanks,

Jeromy