Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

2007 sienna limited, please insert map dvd problem! nothing

Customer Question

2007 sienna limited, please insert map dvd problem! nothing works
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well i know for sure, there's a random disk in the slot! daughter put a reg dvd in it about 5 years ago, everything still work after that except the nav. but now nothing is working! it will randomly say to insert a map disk while Im driving, but other then when that pops up, the radio doesnt work at all, even the close button! i can get the face to fold down when the message appears, but its just at random times
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start first with checking to make sure the unit is getting power to it. The are 2 fuse located in the under hood fuse panel to check. They are the Rad 1 and Rad 3 fuses. If the fuse check okay and the radio will still not turn on then it very likely the radio has failed. See the wiring diagram in the link below for reference.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Rad%20Feb%203.pdf