Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Triangle of doom is on It happened when I tried to put car

Customer Question

triangle of doom is on It happened when I tried to put car in drive with something wound around gearshift when I removed it went into gear but light remained on I disconnected 12 volt and lights go off after about 15 -20 miles it comes back on one time message board said transmission lock mechanism problem and sometimes it feels like I am between gears and I can't maintain speed I tried
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Any time the light comes on the computer should set and store a fault code and in order to determine what is failing the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the computer system and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will advise you from there.