Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Random misfire codes 2,4,6 on Toyota Avalon
, Engine

Customer Question

random misfire codes 2,4,6 on Toyota Avalon
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Engine idles very fast when cold, then slows down...very rough the entire time. Seems to fire on all cylinders when accelerating
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

At idle at operating temp is it misfiring? If so does taking away ignition or fuel injector pulse from these effected cylinders make it run the same or worse?

Can you check the compression on at least 2 cylinders on each bank to see if it has jumped time?

What year model?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Chris,
This was my first time using this sight so I wasn't sure what to expect. I decided to go ahead and pay the $20 (stupid me) hoping to get an answer. After paying my money, the sight was going to force me into an agreement for some service that I would have to opt out of in order to avoid being charged. I do NOT like things like that and will never use this site again. I will be trying to get a refund for the money I spent. I have taken my Toyota to a mechanic down the road for a free diagnosis.If you have any way to help grant me a refund, I would appreciate it.Darren

You can contact the website for that.