Fixitman
Fixitman, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

I have a 2003 Toyota Camry 4 Cyl. Sometimes it won't start

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Toyota Camry 4 Cyl. Sometimes it won't start as though the battery is dead, even though the dash lights up. would have to wait between an hour and four hours to start again, which it started as if nothing was wrong. Eventually the battery died and I replaced it. With the new battery when the car isn't revved the lights dim and the engine almost dies, which seems like an alternator problem. Is it the alternator, or possibly something else?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Fixitman replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** sounds like you either have a failing positive battery cable or a bad alternator. Both are common failures on this vehicle. There is also a common problem with the fuse box connection under the hood. In the fuse box case where the main battery wire wire connects to the side of it comes loose. The fuse box needs to be taken partially apart to fix this. The alternator is much more common though. I hope this helps. If you need more help please let me know.