Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

My Name is ***** *****, have a 1999 toyota camry that is

Customer Question

My Name is ***** *****, have a 1999 toyota camry that is overheating. Replaced thermostat, still gets hot. Top hose is hot but bottom is ice cold. Did a block leak check test, showed no change in fluid color. Replaced timing belt and water pump about 8 months ago. Took top and bottom hoses off and purged 100 lbs pressure through radiator, water blew out fast. What else is there to check? Heater coil?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Pretty much covers it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is goung to be a partially plugged radiator, if the top hose is hot and the bottom cold, it can be nothing else, it may have come out fast when applying presure, but it is bypassing most of the radiator,Tim

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My problem was not a partially plugged radiator. I bought a new one yesterday and installed it last night. Drove my car to work today and it overheated on the way home. Now smelling antifreeze coming out the exhaust with a little white smoke. I'm 99.999% sure it's a blown head gasket. Didn't need a radiator after all, wasted $100.00 and 2 hours of my time.