Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2007 lexus is 250, there is a b2799 code with a no

Customer Question

Hello i have a 2007 lexus is 250, there is a b2799 code with a no engine start condition. My cluster goes black when the car is in park or neutral with the smart button in the accessorie or engine start position. I am thinking the id code box is the problem. I am unable to locate it i have practically pulled my entire dashboard out and it is not in the location all the diagrams show in between the cluster and navigation system on the ceiling of the dash. Please help me locate the id code box
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

The id code box is attached to the top of the hvac assembly towards the firewall behind the Navi/audio unit. It is a bear to see and get out. There is a 10mm bolt that holds it to the hvac assembly

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?