Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Here. My 04 4Runner has inoperable tailgate latch, rear

Customer Question

here. My 04 4Runner has inoperable tailgate latch, rear defogger, rear wiper and washer. Need to know which fuse controls these components
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: all components became inoperable at the same time. seems like a fuse or breaker problem, I haven't pulled all the blade fuses under the dash yet, because there are so many others under the hood. Figured asking the expert was the best way to start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Before we start looking at fuses, please go to the vehicle, lower the rear glass 10 inches, and the raise it up fully. Then try the rear wiper, washer and rear defroster./