Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My low beams are not working on my 2002toyota Avalon. Need

Customer Question

My low beams are not working on my 2002toyota Avalon. Need to know what to check and where it is located
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have checked and made sure both bulbs are o.k. with this issue here and both failed at the same time this can be a fault with the Head Relay itself.If this relay fails this will cause this issue here.It may also be the head light switch itself at fault but this relay is more common.

The head relay is located in the under hood fuse panel on the drivers side as seen here https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3s3dfodlgdd5vm/head-01-31.gif?dl=0.You can try and tap on this relay and see if the lights then work.If they do then the relay needs replaced.If this does not work then the signals to the relay need tested to see if the relay needs replaced or if this is a head light switch at fault.This will require a multi meter to do this testing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete