Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

How to replace the back spark plugs from a toyota sienna

Customer Question

how to replace the back spark plugs from a toyota sienna 2001
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The back plugs are very difficult to replace. In the shop, we find that by removing the intake plenum, the rear plugs are very easy to get to. This sounds like a lot of work, but, compared to trying to get the rear plugs out without pulling the intake, the time is actually cut in half. Remember to use new intake manifold gaskets when you pull the plenum.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you have any instruction on how to remove the intake plenum?

Remove the battery, the air filter box and the intake tube. Remove the 4 bolts from the throttle body and let it hang. Remove all of the intake manifold bots and pull it off. Use new intake manifold gaskets and a new throttle body gasket.