Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

My car makes a rattling/dragging noise most times when I

Customer Question

hi...my car makes a rattling/dragging noise most times when I press the accelerator and the check engine light and awd are on the dashboard. I drive a Toyota rav 4 2015 model
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i bought the car fairly used
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to begin to know where to start the diagnostic the first thing that needs to be done is to scan the system to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the check engine and AWD light is coming on. If you can get this done and post back with them, I will advise from there.