Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

When I get my RPMs up to 2000 the heat kicks on, but then

Customer Question

When I get my RPMs up to 2000 the heat kicks on, but then goes cold again when idle. Is this also a radiatorleak?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you checked coolant level? What year, model, make, and engine size of vehicle? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004 Sienna XLE 3.3 L V6. Coolant-full
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If coolant level is full this would mean heater core is partially clogged or there is air in system. First try to burp air out of system to see if that helps, if not disconnect both hoses going to firewall and use a garden hose to flush it out from both directions. This would be about a $150 job to have done at a shop. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.