Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I own a 2002 Toyota 4 runner with a moon roof. It won't

Customer Question

I own a 2002 Toyota 4 runner with a moon roof. It won't close and snow is expected. is there a way to manually close it until I can get it repaired?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In order to manually close it if it isnt bound up in the track the head liner will need lowered out and the roof motor that moves the glass back and forth will need removed then the glass can be slid closed and secured then the motor reinstalled.

In some cases it is the control switch that fails needing replaced and in other cases it can be the motor or track at fault.This will have to be tested further to be sure of the component at fault here and then from there it can be repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete