Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My name is ***** *****. ABS light just came on in my 03

Customer Question

Hey my name is ***** *****. ABS light just came on in my 03 tundra
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The only issue is that the light came on. Havnt noticed any differences in braking. I have been using*****lately in the snow.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The ABS light comes on when the ABS detects a concern normally with its readings from the wheel speed sensors. This happens alot in the snow especially if you have been spinning the tires or driving through thick snow. You may just have snow packed in around a sensor causing a reading issue or connector resistance. Try removing the negative battery cable for 15 minutes to clear the memory. If the light comes back on then you need a scan tool to see which codes are stored to know where to start looking for the issue.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.