Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Chuck
, I have a 2000 4runner. I had the dash out to

Customer Question

chuck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2000 4runner. I had the dash out to replace the heater core. put everything back together and the speedometer doesn't work. also, when I started it up, the tach, temp gauge and the fuel gauge worked but if I moved the lever to engage the 4wd or pressed the button on the side of the shifter the gauges all stopped working. if I moved the lever back to 4wd or pressed the button again, I got a ding, ding, ding and the gauges worked again. I pulled the dash back apart but can not find anything wrog.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having is very likely something left loose such as a ground . That being said if you connect a scan tool to the system and scan it are there any fault codes setting. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.