sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My cruise control died during my last road trip 2007 toyota

Customer Question

my cruise control died during my last road trip 2007 toyota tundra crewmax, 5.7 liter
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: wont turn on anymore
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

There are a handful of things that can prevent cruise control from working.

It could be the brake switch or the cruise switch itself. If it doesn't see the normally closed contacts of the brake switch closed then cruise won't turn on, and obviously if the switch has failed or there is an issue with it's wiring then it's signal won't be seen.

The problem may also be a number of things that may seem unrelated. Cruise will be disabled for a number of issues including speed sensors, transmission issues, electronic throttle control or accelerator peal position issues, cam or crank sensor signal problems, an intake restriction or vacuum leak; anything that can inhibit proper RPM and speed control will disable cruise

The first thing that will need to be done is use a scan tool or code reader to see if any codes are setting. If no codes are setting then a scan tool would need to be used to monitor data to see if the switch and brake switch are working.