Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Battery works everything turns on but won't start our even

Customer Question

Battery works everything turns on but won't start our even attempt to start. No click. 03 corolla
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

Verify there is power on the 30 amp main fuse in the fuse box under the hood. Also the 15 amp AM2 fuse. Locate the starter relay at the back side of the fuse box located in the passenger compartment. With the relay out, check to see if there is battery voltage at terminal 3 with the key off. Check terminal 1 for battery voltage during cranking. Check that terminal 2 has a ground. The link below is the location of the starter relay and terminals.

Starter Relay Location

Jumping terminals 3 and 5 together the engine should crank, if not the starter is most likely at fault. I would also recommend having the battery tested.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.