Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Here i have a 98 4runner that is having electrical issues

Customer Question

hi ***** ***** here i have a 98 4runner that is having electrical issues ,no power to cluster,windows,4wd,signals basically everything contolled by the small fuse block under the dash ,i have checked all the fuses and replaced the large 30a fuse that controls that block but still nothiing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: truck ran fine until sunday ,went to drive it and it would not shift out of park and had all these electric issues
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, first, did you use a voltmeter to check for 12v on both sides of the 30amp fuse? If not, we need to do that.

Also, I need the full 17 digit vin number to pull the power supply schematics

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I did not use a volt meter and the vin is not available at the moment it is 1030pm and I asked and paid 9 hours ago when I was working on it
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I apologize that no one online earlier answered your question. It could be that no one online earlier was familiar with it or felt comfortable answering this electrical issue. I answered when I came online and saw your question. That is all I can do.

If you still want help, then when you are able to get the VIN number and check for power on both sides of the fuse with it inserted, let me know the results and the vin number and we can go from there.

If you no longer wish help, I understand. Just let me know and I can have it closed