Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

, no air come out from foot air outlet every position

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: hi no air come out from foot air outlet every position work great except for the foot, instead when i put foot position the air come out from defrost. yesterday morning when i start my truck i switch the position from foot to defrost and i hearted a bang when damper start to switch position since no more air from the foot duck. something mechanical from danger broke???
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Could you please advise of the model and year of your Toyota vehicle. Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry toyota tundra 2011 reg cab

On this unit, there are tiny electric motors that move the inner baffles inside the heater box to move the air flow. Most likely, the motors (called 'servomotors') is sticking or faulty. You will find them on the side of the heater box in the center of the floor, under the dash. I would recommend you tap on the servomotor whilst cycling the mode control form foot to face., The tapping might loosen a stuck motor.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer