Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Expert Certified through 2007
21364095

2010 prius with error code p0010 after i changed spark plugs

Customer Question

Customer: 2010 prius with error code p0010 after i changed spark plugs and installed new springs. car rides and sounds perfect. not sure if it is false positive
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: check engine light came on and when i did an odb scan p0010 was error code
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Doug replied 10 months ago.

That will usually be an issue with the cam phasing solenoid, specifically the electrical resistance across it reading open circuit.
Did you have the key on while you were doing the tune up? If so, have you tried resetting the light to see if it comes back?

If not... check for loose/unplugged connectors you may have missed by accident... specifically around the front (belt end) of the engine, up top near the coils.

Expert:  Doug replied 10 months ago.

I'm assuming you found it was unplugged/pinched/etc or that it was from having the key on. If you need more help though just let me know.