Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I'm not gettin my any power to my fuel pump,and I'm not

Customer Question

hi,I'm not gettin my any power to my fuel pump,and I'm not getting any spark,engine turns over fine just won't start,I have an 08 tundra 5.7,I thought maybe the chip in my key was bad?but the immobilizer light flashes like it should after you take the key out,any suggestions on what to try
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 10 months ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

No power to the fuel pump plus no spark are signs the immobilizer is on; with no key in the ignition, the security indicator light flashes every 1.8 seconds to indicate the system is armed. Once the right key is recognized, the security indicator light will illuminate for 2 seconds and go off to indicate the system is disarmed and engine systems are enabled.

Since this is part of the vehicle anti-theft system, only authorized Toyota service shops or licensed locksmiths using Techstream can access the system to diagnose and repair it. For information on authorized repair facilities near your location, call Toyota Customer Service at(###) ###-####

Best Regards.