Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have 2006 Rav4 Limited V6, I recharge and recondition the

Customer Question

I have 2006 Rav4 Limited V6, I recharge and recondition the battery, once I startup my car, engine running seen fine but most dashboard service light were up. Radio/Navigation, clock, window, roof without power. steeling wheel is lock and cannot shift the gearbox and lock at P. Do you know what kind of problem it is?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  John Bryant replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike, thank you for posting your question to Just Answer. My name is***** am an ASE Certified Auto Technician with over 45 years of real world experience in dealerships and the aftermarket. I was the owner/operator of an automotive repair shop for 20 of those years. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please remember I do not know your skill level. I cannot see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so it may take a few back and forth replies or a phone call to get to a satisfactory resolution. I will make every effort to get you all of the information you may need with the expectation you will give me a positive rating once you are satisfied. Please be aware that I am usually working with a few people at a time, so occasionally it may take a few minutes to respond.

Were all of these items functioning before recharging the battery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello John. thanks for your response. yes, everything functioning before recharging.I check some fuse not all because I don't have the tools to test, seen don't find by blown fuse at this moment.

Ok Mike I have to go to an appointment this afternoon so I am going to opt out so another technician has the opportunity to help you. When I come back if you still need help I will reopen the conversation OK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. Anyone who can fix this issue are welcome. thanks John.

Hi Mike I'm back do you still want me to research this for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please

Just me me a few min. OK

Mike did you remove the battery from the vehicle to recharge it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I didn't

Mike you may have a problem with the fusible link in the top portion of the diagram I am sending you. Do you have a 12 volt test light or a DVOM (digital volt/ohm meter)? I would double check all the connections to the battery and test the fuses with a test light. I can walk you through the process over the phone would be easier if you have either of these tools at your disposal.

I am going to call it a night Mike. We can pick this up in the am OK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry John, I don't have any tools to test the volt.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Received a message "***** ***** has referred you to a new Toyota Mechanic. You'll get a response here and by email typically within 24 hours. "
I cannot believe there is no response from any mechanic over 96 hours.