Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Sky visions I have a question. I did my front brakes pads

Customer Question

Hello sky visions I have a question.
I did my front brakes pads and cut the rotors and I put everything back I pumped the brakes and I start the car and then abs and Vsc and traction control lights came on what should I do
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. There are several things that could have happened. First, if you banged on the rotor to dislodge it from the wheel hub, you probably either damaged the ABS wheel speed sensor or knocked some rust loose inside the wheel hub and this rust is not on the face of the sensor (it is a magnet). Second, moving the caliper could have hit and damaged the speed sensor wires. There is not a lot you can do at this point except get some diagnosis. What you need to do is take thsi car to a shop where they can hook the car up to a high quality scan tool that can measure the RPM of wash wheel via an interface with the ABS computer. Once you have the wheel or wheels isolated, in-depth visual inspection can be performed. There is no test one can do in the field with regard to the operation of the wheel speed sensors. The analog signal they generate needs to be translated inside the ABS computer and then read on a scan tool. I would take this vehicle to a Toyota dealer (less expensive than Lexus dealers service depts) and have them look at the individual RPM of each wheel, and then proceed with further diagnosis. You do not want to start installing wheel speed sensors without knowing which one is the issue. That can get real expensive real fast.

Please confirm you have received my input, if you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Thanks