Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2002 limited v8 sequoia 230k mi starts but quits when

Customer Question

Customer: 2002 limited v8 sequoia 230k mi starts but quits when throttle applied,diag shows all systems ok has fuel pressure Customer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: in past had abs lite engine lite cleared with using better gas
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: can wait, my mech wants to do key check I have only one key never had issue before
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds very much like a failed throttle motor on the throttle body. This is something that requires a loty of diagnosis to determine the issue. Replacement parts for this are expensive. You do not want to speculate throttle body parts because if you guess incorrectly, thsi can get real expensive real fast. This vehicle needs to go to a dealership where they can properly test the throttle systems and give you an accurate diagnosis. Replacement of the entire throttle motor assembly can be around a thousand dollars. Let the Toyota technicians with the test equipment tackle this for you. It will be less expensive than guessing at faulty parts.