Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

This morning while driving on slightly slippery roads, once

Customer Question

This morning while driving on slightly slippery roads, once I hit about 40mph a warning light came on saying to check the VSC System. Also, the ABS lights came on at the same time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The VSC light and the ABS light will come on when the system sees a system fault or also when you are slipping and sliding due to slippery road conditions. You may not have a problem and I would drive it for a few days and see if the light remain on. If so then the next steps would be to have the system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are. I would suspect you are going to find a speed sensor code which can be set if the wheels are slipping or the sensor has failed.