Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 2015 toyota sienna. I have activated my factory

Customer Question

Customer: hi, i have a 2015 toyota sienna. I have activated my factory alarm in techstream but it will not arm because it thinks the hood is open when it is actually closed. What can I do about this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have tried to locate a hood latch switch but have had no luck. When I try to arm the alarm it does not work. The car flashes a symbol of an open hood but the hood is not open.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 12 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you, The hood switch is built into the hood latch. You really cannot see it just by looking into the engine compartment. The hood latch switches are know to fail. I would recommend you remove and replace the hood latch assembly.