cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

My 2006 sienna having problem starting card...the starter is

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, my 2006 sienna having problem starting card...the starter is fine, but if I rattle the gear box P, R, 1,2,3 etc, it will start...doing this for several weeks...now nothing?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: thats about all I got except not "card'...does not start, but started is fine!... seems like gear box is connected some how?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wit because it is evening time...
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 10 months ago.

Most likely the range switch in the shifter has failed, and will have to be replaced.