Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 2002 corolla that has an alarm that goes off when

Customer Question

I have a 2002 corolla that has an alarm that goes off when you put the key in the door to unlock the alarm goes off. Any suggestions
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. On the back of the key cylinder is a tiny micro switch. It is there to activate the alarm if someone tries to gain access to the car by ripping the key cylinder out of the door. Most likely, the switch is faulty and needs to be replaced. This is not an easy job, as the entire door panel needs to come off, the glass needs to come out and the door lock needs to be removed. If you have the skills to do this, the switch is easily replaced. If not, leave this one to a professional.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer