Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I am getting a p0141 code that says my accelerator pedal

Customer Question

I am getting a p0141 code that says my accelerator pedal position sensor is not operating right. I have taken the pedal off. And went to Toyota they didn't know what to do. I have a new throttle body installed. I think all vac lines are hooked up correctly. Itis a 2003 Camry 4 cylinder with the. Electronic throttle. After I replaced everything and it would not start? I turned the key on for three seconds then off for ten seconds. Repeated about ten times still justs starts and runs for about 15 seconds with no response from pedal. I then tried ecm reset. Still same thing. Starts runs for fifteen seconds then off. So I thought I would go buy another pedal. Which I did. Still does same thing. I have ohmed everything looking for a break in line and have the 5 volts at throttle position sensor. Just still cranks right up runs fifteen seconds then shuts down. Any idea?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. According to my information, a P0141 is not the throttle motor or the accelerator pedal. A P0141 pertains to an oxygen sensor issue. Are you sure it is P0141?

If you are not getting response form the pedal, look in the fusebox under the hood and check the following fuse : ETCS. See if it is blown.