Dj
Dj, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 30+ years in automotive repair.
10906483

Too l have a93 toyota truck with a 3.0 motor have put 2 new

Customer Question

Customer: i am Dj too l have a93 toyota truck with a 3.0 motor have put 2 new power steering pumps on cant get eather to pump pressure have bleed lines many times just a little pressure comes out pressure side of pump can you help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: l have a 93 toyota truck 3.0 moter have put 2 new power steering pumps on cant get eather to pump pressure have bleed lines many times just a little pressure comes out pressure line on pump what makes pump work can you help
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dj replied 10 months ago.

Did the reservoir come with the new pumps or are you using the original?

There's a screen in the bottom of the reservoir. If it's plugged up, this can cause the problem.

Also if there's a leak between the pump and the reservoir, it can suck air in.

It's possible but not likely that you got two bad pumps in a row. I wouldn't bet on it.

DJ