Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

How can I get the rubber gasket and metal track back on my

Customer Question

How can I get the rubber gasket and metal track back on my 2004 Toyota passenger window
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you Could you explain the situation a bit better? I do not understand exactly where the problem is. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rear passenger window came off the track. I was able to put the arm back into the track but when I tested it the track and the rubber piece that attach to the window bottom came off. Is there a trick to get them back on the bottom of the window?

The part that fits on the bottom of the glass has come off? Is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If the part that fits on the bottom of the glass has come off, you need to mark where it goes with masking tape. The remove the glass from the door and then remove the part that has come loose. Clean the glass and the track with a good solvent. Spray brake cleaner works real good for this. Let it dry completely. Then get yourself some really, really good 2-part epoxy. A product called "JB WELD" is really good. Not "JB Quick", but "JB WELD". Mix up equal portions (about a tablespoon of each). Them working quickly, spoon the epoxy into the track, and then place the glass down into the track, squeezing out the excess epoxy. You need to have enough in the track so it squeezes out. Wipe off the excess and let it set up for a minimum of 24 hours. Then reinstall the glass.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I remove the glass. I assume I need to take out the smaller pane next to that? If so how does that come out?

You do not remove the small glass. Pull the door panel off and remove the 10 mm bolts that hold the metal run tracks to the inside of the door. Once the tracks are loos, you will be able to set the glass on an angle. Then you can pull it up.