Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

My 1999 Rav 4 Power windows are out AC is out in the vehicle

Customer Question

My 1999 Rav 4 Power windows are out AC is out in the vehicle won't go into drive without the override. All the fuses have been checked. My alternator is good and I have a brand-new battery
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

Do the brake lights work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
brake lights work. Alternator was checked and its good. Is there some sort of relay switch that might be bad?
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply

See if there is a small black box attached to the positivie battery post, there are some more fusable links in there, a segment or two may be blown out, the box can be removed and opened up, inspect the fuse elements inside . You mentioned that all fuses are food so I'm assuming that you checked both under the hood and on the inside at the left lower dash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ted..........that black box was checked............the fuse box under the dash, driver side, the fuse box under passenger kick plate. Im stumped. lol
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply

Did this happen after the battery was replaced? Do you have a volt/ ohm meter or a 12 volt test light available?

Does it have power door locks and if yes do they work?

Was anything else replaced recently?